Image hosted by Photobucket.com
About This Blog

An attempt to bring into light the little things I hear, read and experience.

Archives

archive index
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • January 2006

  • home

    My Blogs

    Simply Islam
    Zain121 - Wordpress
    Zain121 - Blogspt
    News & Views

    Subscription

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Drops of an Ocean!

    Drops of an Ocean
    Thursday, July 14, 2005

    Becoming a Wali & Gaining the Love of Allah

    Recently I have started reading a book in the Urdu language titled "Husool-e-Wilaayat Aur Muhabbat-e-Ilaahi Ke Zaraaye'". The meaning of the title is 'How to gain the status of Wilaayat and the methods of pertaining the Love of Allah". The author of this book is "Maulana Muhammad Aslaan Bin Akhtar Memon"

    As the book is in the Urdu language, I will make an attempt to present the information contained within this book in the English language. However, for those who are acquainted with the Urdu language, they will no that no translation can match the meaning, sweetness and message that is contained in the Urdu text itself.

    Furthermore, I would like to remind all the readers that the posts in this blog are not translations or word to word accounts of what I have heard or read. In actual fact, it is only a summary or an account of what I have heard.

    The first chapter of this book mentions some Aadaab (Manners & etiquettes) of acquiring knowledge from books. The manner in which a book should be read and how one can derive the most benefit from that book. Insha-Allah I will mention these points in my next post.

    I pray to Allah that He gives me the correct understanding so that what I read from this book deems beneficial for me and to those who read the posts related to that book. I pray to Allah that He forgives the author, the publishers and all those who aided in the compilation and success of that book and that He makes it a source of people attaining the position of Wilaayat and gaining the love of Allah. Aameen.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Note: I have read only a few pages of this book, but I have noticed some minor mistakes in the text (for those who already have the book or intend to buy it).

    link | posted by Zain at 3:06 pm
    12 comments



    Improved by:
    +++ Zain +++